I want you to draw a picture of the ideal future state of your safety culture. What would be different from the current state? What would it look like?
When I say “draw a picture,” I’m being literal. It’s always helpful to sketch out (on a whiteboard, a flipchart, or even a notepad) what you expect to see if your culture change initiative has succeeded. A simple diagram will work for those of you who are artistically challenged. Just define the desired behaviors, attitudes and activities you would expect to see and get to work!
- Create a safety-leadership vision
- Communicate the culture
- Build a safety-leadership infrastructure
- Identify safety-culture activities
Over the next few articles I’ll be laying out what specifically you need to do to take your safety culture to the next level. Stay tuned.
That’s it for this edition of Recordable INSIGHTS. Until next time.
Latest posts by Eric Svendsen (see all)
- Safety-Leadership Activities Menu for EHS - March 5, 2017
- Safety-Leadership Activities Menu for Senior Leadership - February 12, 2017
- Safety-Leadership Activities Menu for Supervisors - January 30, 2017